CORSAIR II QUESTIONS

Tom Hoke tomk6xd@access.mountain.net
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 20:15:10 -0800

I may be interested in looking for a Corsair II but after playing with an
Omni-D I have a few questions.  On the D if you tuned in a CW or RTTY
signal using the 1.8 filter and then switched to the 500 Hz filter the
signal moves out of the bandpass of the filter and requires retuning.  I
believe the Corsair has BPT and if it works like it should when it is set
to zero one should be able to tune in a singal on a wide filter and go to a
narrow filter without touching the BPT of main tuning knob and have the
signal in the center of the bandpass.   The D moves around even if it has
been on for hours how about the Corsair II ?   Is the AGC as harsh with
pops as the D  and can it be turned off or can the speed be changed ?  Is
there any constant receiver audio output on the rig?  Thanks for any
answers  Tom K6XD  tomk6xd@access.mountain.net

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html