Any suggestions for a camping power supply for Scout??

Pete Brunelli pcb@connix.com
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:15:31 +0000

> From:          "JakeCart" <JakeCart@ix.netcom.com>
> To:            <tentec@contesting.com>
> Subject:       Any suggestions for a camping power supply for Scout??
> Date:          Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:44:37 -0500

> Hi:
>
> I own a Scout and would like to take it out to the field this summer --
> I'll either need a very long extension cord or a field power supply.  I'd
> like to get the field power supply :>)
>
> Any suggestions?

I have run mine using a deep-cycle marine battery, a stack of 12 Ah
Gel-Cells, and the trusty cigarette lighter plug.  All three work
very well.  If you crank down the output, you can run it on a single
gel-cell.  It does draw more current on rx than a true QRP rig, but
it will run for quite a while.

I worked an entire FD QRP on 24Ah of gell cell power.

Good Luck

--

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html