Omni-V/Paragon I/RS-232

Ten-Tec Inc. sales@tentec.com
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:17:05 Eastern Standard Time

The RS-232 interface was standard equipment on the Omni-V.
The Paragon I used an optional interface board (model 258), which
is no longer available from us.  Each of these radios had a unique
computer command set.  This was changed for the Omni-VI and
Paragon II, both of which use the same computer command set.
In addition a separate two line serial interface was added aside
from the standard RS-232 port, usable with our (discontinued) model
305 level converter or the Icom CT-IV level converter.

The Omni-VI and Paragon II can emulate Icom transceivers under
computer control.  The Icom interface was chosen for the Omni-VI
and Paragon II because it was the most well-documented of the
available interfaces, and we were disappointed by the lack of
software written for the Paragon and Omni-V transceivers.  We
have not written software for use with the Omni-VI or Paragon II,
and have no intention of doing so in the future.   We also do not
specifically endorse any manufacturer's software package for use
with our transceivers.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Ten-Tec

NCJ SSB Sprint Feb. 1 - NCJ CW Sprint Feb. 8

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html