OMNI VII wish list

Dale Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:31:26 -0600

On Friday, January 31, 1997 2:25 AM, Vernon A. Hatley[SMTP:vhatley@flash.net] wrote:

>But alas, if I remember correctly Scott said Ten Tec had no
>plans for any new rigs for the next few years so I am afraid all our
>wishes are falling on deaf ears. :-(
>--
>KK5RO
>Vernon A. Hatley

Vernon,

Who cares?  Let's keep telling them what we would like to see if
and when they do decide to put out a new radio.  This is fun.

Personally, I am quite happy with my Omni VI and am not yet
ready financially to pop for a new radio, so it still being a few
years away is okay by me.....for now.

Here are my suggestions:

Make the pushbutton switches programmable for not only their
marked functions (replace markings with led/lcd descriptions above
the switches?), but for external switching control of external peripheral
hardware (antenna switches, key/keyer, audio, mic, etc., etc.,...).

Include a cw key input on/off function

Include an audio monitor capability

Many of the other suggestions were good, too.

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u