Fwd: [TenTec] Rig Control Software

Duane A. Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 20:37:17 EDT

That would be great.  I'm not aware of any software (yet) which will do
that unless you can use pcAnywhere along with a control program to do
that.  What I was reacting to was the  Kenwood ads which show a picture
of the rig on the screen and a "virtual" method to access the rig's
controls from there.  Your suggestion never occurred to me, and is the
only one where I can fathom the use for that Kenwood software.  Contest
software, logging software, and RTTY/digital are the only useful ones
I've seen to date.  By the way, award chasers who use the Packet Cluster
have found the automated logging software quite nice - it watches
incoming spots and announces the ones that are "needed".   . . .  Thanks
for the provoking idea (i.e. remote operation)!

	73,  Duane   AC5AA