[TenTec] Computereceivers

Chester Alderman chestert@mail.pressroom.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:10:13 -0400

I don't think TenTec is saying you HAVE to buy the computer controlled receiver. But maybe if YOU want to try one, YOU will have to come up out of the dark ages? Or maybe YOU want TenTec to include a new P-II 300 Mhz, 64 Mb RAM, 7 Gb hard disk, along with the receiver for the same price? Heck, as long as your being silly, you may as well ask for it.

At 11:07 AM 7/30/97 -0400, you wrote:

>On 7/21/97 12:00, Ingraham, Ed @JOCY at

>IMCEAMS-SIAMAIL_JOCY2_INGRER@sea.siemens.com wrote:

>>The under-$300 computer-controlled received sounds great!

>>Now will I be able to use it with my old DOS computer (8088 'laptop'),

>>or will it require a $3000 Windows platform? I'd like to see

>>the computer-radio interface made available for those

>>who want to tinker.

>Yeah, and what about us folks who use Macs.

>Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org

>Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"

>            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

>--

Chester Alderman

</color>