[TenTec] Scout 555 / QRP

rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
9 Jun 1997 09:20:44 -0500

Rod and the group,
My Scout keys well at 5 watts; and so do others I know about; thus, you must
have something needing repair.  Contact Ten Tec Tech support by phone for
help.

The Scout 555 I own was used at 5 watts last Field Day to garner 8 th place
nationally in ARRL Field Day in Class 2A battery, operated 24 hours
flawlessly.
Both hand key and paddles with internal keyer were used by various CW
operators without a problem, except one left handed operator left his
"specially wired" paddles at home, and had to turn regular ones around 180
degrees to feel "right" to his fist!

73, Stuart K5KVH
rohre@arlut.utexas.edu