[TenTec] OMNI VI Sidetone Click

David H. Hammond DHHDEH@concentric.net
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 17:09:30 +0000

Hello Fellow Omni VI Users,

My Omni VI which I purchased last November (Firmware Version 2.22)
has a nasty click when the sidetone keys on CW.  Do not believe it
is related to the transmitted signal but to the sidetone generation.

Has anyone experienced something similiar?  Any fixes or suggestions?
I am in line for Upgrade and hope that new firmware may help clear this
up.

Also, aside from the advertised enhancements that the OMNI VI Plus
will bring to an old  OMNI VI through an upgrade, does anyone know if
anyother non-
publicized mods or electrical changes now exist in a NEW OMNI VI Plus
versus an OLDER UPGRADED OMNI VI. In other words will the the two rigs
really be identical electrically?

And finally did you ever notice that most of the hams who don't like
Ten-Tec gear have never owned any?  Three cheers for the gang at
Sevierville. Ever heard of a factory upgraded ricebox? Nor will you.

73 fer nw de N1LQ (ex-KA1ED)--Dave