[TenTec] rig in the middle

Glenn E. Scott scotty@facade.adm.clarkson.edu
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:55:42 EDT

I have been following along on the discussion of mid-priced radio's
and I guess I have to agree. Ten Tec needs to have a mid priced rig.

I have an Argossy 525, a Delta 580, a Delta II, along with 40 mtr QRP
kit. I like all of them and have no complaints. I have a few quirks
but I can live with them. One, the argossy is anice rig but would
like digital read out, Two,  the Delta II  is a general coverage
which doesn't give it the receiver of some of Ten Tec's newer rigs.
All are Second hand, I have never owned a new rig for the fact of
"Not  Enough Money"

All these rigs too me, have enough bells and whistles. Atleast you
don't need to read the owners manual each time you want to use the
rig. But I would like to own a new rig, one that hasn't been tinkered
with or adjusted to anothers personal preference.

Personally, if Ten Tec would re-introduce the Delta II or something
similar in size, but leave the general coverage off and add a built in keyer.
 I would personally buy  one and would have a rig of my dreams.
 ( well , atleast one that I could afford)  It would be 5- 100 watt rig.
,small in size compared to other 100 watt rigs, and have all the bells
and whislte's one would really needs.

The scout is a nice size rig for mobile or portable use but I don't
care for the modules. Have heard a lot of negative things about them
from other hams that own them.

Just some input if Scott is listening. hi hi

Sorry for the bandwidth.

" 73 " NX2D  (GLENN SCOTT)
Previously "N2ULU"
QRP-L #403, NE QRP #448, NCARC