[TenTec] Intro/New Ham/Corsair II

Dale Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:49:48 -0500

On Tuesday, June 24, 1997 10:26 AM, George H Collier[SMTP:collier@bellcore.com] wrote:
>Greetings,

<snip>

>Right now I am simply being amazed that I can
>actually have a conversation (however brief
>and slow) in Morse Code! Perhaps you remember
>that feeling...
>
>73,
>George/KC2BIS
>
>PS My OTHER hobby is sled dogs and someday
>I hope to have wilderness QSOs via dogsled team.

George,

I remember it everyday when I get on the air, George.  At the age of
51 and having been a ham since I was 13, the thrill is still there.

Congratulations on acquiring a fine radio.  You are off to an
excellent start.  Just wait until the the sunspot cycle starts
rising.  You are going to have some fun!

I started with the Ten-Tec Triton IV (544).  It was super.  I
inherited my dad's TS-930S, so that resided here for a few
years, but I missed the TT feel.  I bought an Omni VI a couple
of years ago and have been a happy camper since.

Lessee...8 dogs to pull the sled, and 1 dog on a treadmill
driving a generator....cool (no pun intended).

73,
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u