[TenTec] [KENWOOD] TS-850s QSK

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:06:47 -0400

Not to defend Kenwood but this is the first clicking 850 I've heard of.
Must be something wrong. The TenTec Omni-5 and Paragon were know for some
clicking in the qsk but fortunately, an easy to install resistor in the
right place cleared up the problem. I had an Omni 6 that clicked like crazy
and another one that didn't.

Point here is....Don't get all wrapped up about one paticular manufacture.
They all have problems. What we should discuss here is not whether we like
so and so but what the problems are and their posible cures. I've tried
about all manufactures and they all slip up somewhere.