[TenTec] low priced Ten-Tec, Modules

Bob Hirsch bobh@p3.net
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:09:00 -0400

>I've heard it described as a problem with overcommitting the processor.
>It can't do both CW and frequency correction duties when the CW speed
>exceeds something in the 25 wpm range.  This was mentioned sometime in
>the past - maybe 3-4 months ago.  I don't think TT has confirmed it, but
>then sometimes (from experience) it takes extra effort to get them to
>admit to a problem.  ...

I don't think so.  If the problem was an overworked microprocessor, than an
external keyer would solve it by taking some of the load off the processor.

Other Scout owners have said that the heat build up at QRQ is causing the
frequency to shift more than the 600 Hz which is the maximum automatic
correction possible in the circuitry.  That's why cooling fans have worked
for many owners.

                        72/73 de Bob, W3CW