[TenTec] TITAN AMP. problem with fuse HELP!!!

Mixalis Dimitrakakis mdim@intranet.gr
Wed, 19 Mar 97 14:17:34 EET

 Dear Friends amateur

 I have a problem with my newly arrived TITAN amp"gold series".
  When I first powered  it on the soft start fuse blew out.
  I tried it twice and the same thing happened again.

  After that I noticed that the label in the back of the amp says 1.5 A
  so I replaced the 1/2 A that the amp. came with with mine 1 1/2 A and
  I had no problem after that.
  I am wondering  which fuse is the right one for the soft start????

  I donot want to create any further problems by using the wrong fuse
  so I hope someone of you will give the right value of the fuse.

  Another thing that I noticed is that the plate voltage at the low position
  is about 1.5 KV and at the high position is about 1.9 KV .Is that diffirence
  because of the 50 Hz(220V) that we have here in Europe compared with the
  higher values (plate voltage) that you get in the states???

  Thank you in advance
  Michael Dimitrakakis
  73 SV1CVY
  Electrical Engineer