[TenTec] Netting with Paragon

John Garrett john@antenna.demon.co.uk
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:32 GMT0

Still enjoying getting to know my "new" Paragon.  One thing that is not as
good as the Corsair - netting on CW.  How do you do it accurately?  The
Corsair has a SPOT switch that does as one would expect - allowing zero
beating with the other station's signal.  The Paragon's SPOT switch
doesn't do the same at all - just allows listening on the TX frequency if
split frequency operation is in use.  The best that I can do so far with
the Paragon is to use another RX to monitor an external signal (e.g. sig
gen) and the Paragon and adjust the Paragon's side-tone oscillator
frequency so that, if I tune an incoming signal for the same as the
side-tone osc, that'll be near enough.  Anybody found a better way?

I know that this problem is common to many HF transceivers.  I guess if
you have a really narrow filter you're going to be somewhere near right
but that's not the same as getting zero-beat :-)

Also, how can I adjust the output power for less than 5 Watts for QRP
operation without reducing the maximum output power achievable?

73 de John, G3RHP

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html