[TenTec] New TenTec FAQ file

Ed Guzis . EdGuzis@cris.com
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:21:09 -0600

The following is a copy of the new Frequently Asked Questions file for the
TenTec Mail Reflector.  It contains info on the TenTec Digest.  I have
forwarded it for posting.

Also, please note that the FAQ file location is
<http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm> - the location posted on the
bottom of this and other postings is incorrect (many thanks to Phil, K0UBC
for pointing this out).  I've requested it be corrected.

Enjoy,

Ed Guzis, W9TW
TenTec Mail Reflector Administrator
**************
TENTEC@contesting.com FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions about the TENTEC mail reflector

1997 March 30

How do I subscribe?
****
In the body of the message only type 'subscribe'. No subject or other text
is necessary. You should receive a confirmation message back within a few
minutes.

How do I unsubscribe?
****
In the body of the message only type 'unsubscribe'. No subject or other
text is necessary. You should receive a confirmation message back within a
few minutes.

What should I do if I change my eMail address and/or Internet Provider?
****
Before you discontinue your existing eMail address or Internet Provider,
please unsubscribe (see above) using your existing account. Once you are
logged on using your new eMail address and/or Internet provider, subscribe
(see above). You will not miss a posting this way .. and .. you will save
me a lot of time reviewing mail delivery error messages.

If you already discontinued your previous eMail address before
unsubscribing, please send me an eMail (see below) and provide me with your
new and old eMail addresses. Thank you in advance!

How do I Post a message?
****
tentec@contesting.com. Make sure you have something in the SUBJECT of your
message.

Please, DO NOT send your message to tentec-request@contesting.com which is
for subscribing and unsubscribing only.

Some suggestions for your posting:
****
DO include your name, callsign and eMail address.

DO contact TenTec by telephone if you want their repair service. TenTec
does not handle repairs on this mail reflector. See their website at
www.tentec.com for additional information.

DO ensure your message pertains to a TenTec related topic. After all, that
is the purpose of this mail reflector.

DON'T waste everyone's time by flaming. There are more suitable places on
the web for that behavior.

How does the TenTec mail reflector work?
****
The mail reflector re-transmits all eMail messages received to the eMail
addresses of all TenTec mail reflector members. If a message is not
successfully delivered (i.e. user's mailbox full, user's Internet Server
down, etc.), the message is lost.

How can I read previous TenTec mail reflector postings?
****
The mail reflector re-transmits all eMail messages received to the eMail
addresses of all TenTec mail reflector members. The TenTec mail now
archives its postings at www.contesting.com/_tentec/

Note: a "_" precedes "tentec" in the above address - this address is case
sensitive.

What is the TenTec Digtest?
****
The TenTec Digest sends out each day a single message containing ALL
postings made to the TenTec Mail Reflector. If you would rather have a
single message each day instead of a message for each posting, subscribe to
the Digest.

To subscribe to the Digest, send a message to
tentec-digest-request@contesting.com
Include a single word - subscribe - in the message text.
To unsubscribe from the Digest send a message to the same address but the
message text should have a single word - unsubscribe.

What if I have a problem or question?
****
Please address all problems and questions to Ed Guzis, W9TW, at
w9tw@contesting.com .

Enjoy the TenTec mail reflector! Ed, W9TW
This file is posted as http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html