[TenTec] New kit at Dayton

Paul R. Valko prvalko@Oakland.edu
Mon, 19 May 1997 13:13:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Steve Ellington wrote:

> Paul, Wv3j wrote:
> > Okay, Ten Tec,
> > Please give those of us (the majority) who couldn't go the details on that
> > new kit.
>
> I saw a VOM kit. Guess that's it.

Nope.  The "new" kit is a transverter to take a 10M rig (like the Radio
Shack/Uniden models) and put it up on 2M SSB/CW.  I bought one for $139
so I can sell my old TS-700sp.

I don't think that VOM was even a kit, was it?

Other purchases included 32M EDO memory @$130, a super nice DVM with PC
interface for a C-note, a 40M hamstick, an SST, Tick Memory Keyer, and a
Kent dual-paddle.

Out in the flea market I saw 2 TenTec 540s, a C-21, some filters and
knick-knacks.  LOTS of Heath stuff, several HW-8s.  I really don't recall
ever seeing the amount of HF gear for sale as there was this year.

Any QRP-L folk WIN anything????

73 =paul= W8KC
Collector of TenTecs and other fine plastics