[TenTec] Model 1210

David Newmyer davalnew@csn.net
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:43:37 -0700

I finally got around to starting the assembly of the 1210 two-meter
transverter.  I am impressed with what I have seen so far with the kit. The
circuit board is high quality, and laid out well with easy identification of
components. The manual gives clear instructions. The receive converter and
low level transmit converter have both tested out per instructions. I am
hoping to get the rest of the kit assembled in the next few evenings. The
only minor concern I had was the receive preamp transistor wasn't in any
kind of static protective material, but it doesn't appear to have damaged
the part in any way. I'm really glad to see that Ten Tec provided
pre-assembled broad-band transformers in this unit. Assembling those in the
six-meter transverter were a bit of a pain.

Dave N

N0KM