[TenTec] TNC to Omni D hookup problem solved.

Chester Alderman chestert@pressroom.com
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 12:53:47 -0500

At 08:27 AM 11/7/97 MST, you wrote:
>Thanks all for your suggestions!
>
>Ken, W8EK, suggested putting a 100K ohm trimpot inside the Omni D on the
>"Patch-In" line.  I installed it last night and it did the trick!  I now
>have full control of output from QRP to 100W without the hair trigger
>effect.
>
>And thanks to Peter, KD7MW.  I especially liked his suggestion of running
>a small fan toward the heat sink of the Omni.  I will do that!

This really is a very good idea. Solid state's worst enemy is heat!! I have
several 12 vdc fans from old computer dead power supplies that work great.
The main idea is to increase the air circulation over the heat sink fins. I
shape a cut-up coat hanger to form a bracket to support the fan in the back
of the rig (OmniD, Corsair, Omni 5 & 6, etc.) and I use the 12vdc aux
output on the back of the rig, for the fans power source.

73,

>73 to all!  I hope to hook up with many of you on Pactor or other HF
>digital mode.
>
>R Ogborn - KI0ER
>Littleton, Colorado, U.S.A
>ki0er@amsat.org