[TenTec] Omni VI+ compressor problem

LWBudd@aol.com LWBudd@aol.com
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:14:28 -0500 (EST)

I have an OMNI IV which was upgraded (option 3).

I was recently talking to a friend on 10 M who recently purchased a Yaesu FT
840 and we were talking about compressors (I don't like the sound of his at
all). He then commented on mine as I A/B ed it on and off. He said that I had
a 60 Hz hum that appeared as I would stop modulating and then disappear when
modulation fully ceased. I have not tried to hear this phenom myself.

HERE IS MY QUESTION:  Has anyone else encountered such an
observation/problem? If so, what have you found to deal with it?

Thanks for taking time to read and respond.

73, Leonard, KD3QQ
LWBudd@aol.com