[TenTec] WTB: 263 VFO and 282 250Hz filter, also Corsair questions...

AE0Q V31RY v31ry@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:56:09 -0600

  Bill W1PA wrote:
>            - Glad to see Ten Ten installed a crowbar in the supply
>              (versus my old Omni stock supply). Question: if there is
>              a SCR over-current check in the supply, and a fuse at the
>              rig, why is the additional 1140 breaker recommended?

  Hello Bill..  The breaker is recommended only for use with a non-TenTec
supply or battery (page 2-1 of my Corsair-2 manual).

  The 961's fuse is on the AC side of the power supply, for power supply
protection against internal component failure or gross overload.
  The over-current circuit is on the output side of the supply, and reacts
much faster than the AC line fuse could to protect the Corsair PA. Check out
the manual pages 2-13 thru 2-16 for interesting info about Ten Tec designs
and why they need the fast over-current protection.

73  --  Glenn
"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

     AE0Q / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SV0WY, WA0VPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q