[TenTec] Corsair II sidetone

Peter Barville peter@barville.demon.co.uk
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 20:03:24 +0100

I can't now remember who it was, but somebody recently said that they'd
improved the sidetone on their Corsair by inserting an active audio
filter into the chain, in order to clean up the normally square tone
which the rig produces.

It set me thinking about doing the same here, and today I did just that.
I removed R96 (10K) on the IF/AF board, and inserted two pins into the
vacant holes on the pcb.  I have piggy-back mounted the little audio
filter board (one of the usual active filter designs, using a a double
op-amp chip) on the main board, and connected it in place of the
resistor.

The improvement in quality of the rig's sidetone is quite marked, making
the mod very worth while indeed   My thanks go to whoever posted the
original idea.
--
73/72, Peter G3XJS ( http://www.barville.demon.co.uk/qrpinfo.htm )