[TenTec] Re: Omni 6, observations & questions

George McCrary geo@ipass.net
Thu, 04 Sep 1997 19:03:59 -0400

Hey Folks,

	This heat issue is one of the reasons I'm still a little concerned about
my VI. It was purchsed as a replacement for a TS-850 that got fried by
lightning. I make no apologies for the fact that I loved the Kenwood. I do
a lot of RTTY and the 850 can do a full 48 hour RTTY test at 100W out
without even getting very warm.

	But, I'm growing attached to the Ten Tec, so I've been thinking of
solutions. I was thinking of getting one of the little 12VDC fans for
cooling PC microprocessors. I think the supplied clips could be used to
mount it to the heatsink. It could be powered from the rig. Plus, throw in
a few easily available parts, and a temp sensor could be made so that it
came on at X degrees.

	Has anyone tried anything like this? Or should I be a pioneer?

								73,

								George (KQ4QM)