[TenTec] RE: broadcast interference and antenna choice

Webster D. Williams kr4wm@sccoast.net
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:50:22 -0400

> Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:17:13 -0700
> From: Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG <turner@safety.ics.uci.edu>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transmatches/Tuners/Etc.

> That is just what I need in most cases.  I have very,
> very strong stations on the AM BC band, and other hams
> local to me.  I have a 500 foot horizontal loop up in
> the trees at 50 feet.  Most every radio I put on there
> dies under the RF that comes off the coax. Even Kenwood
> 940's and the OMNI VI crunch to some extent.

So THAT'S why I'm hearing broadcast stations on my Ten Tec
6m transverter! I have it hooked to a 75m full-size delta
loop. I thought I had adjusted something wrong. Only thing
was, when I changed antennas (to my triband beam) the
interference went away...I'm learning more! Thanks, Web
"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin (1773)