[TenTec] Re: Scout / Mic notes

David Wright dwright@microagesf.com
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:10:46 -0700

Which brings the following question:

Mic recommendations for the Omni VI  ??    I've the plastic mike as
below (700?) that even -DX- complains about the squeak.   Otherwise the
audio quality is ok.   I've tried Heil headsets, Shure 444's, D104, etc.
  I still can not find a mic that will give both good audio quality, AND
work with VOX.

I have a very deep voice, and would really like to use VOX, but as of
yet I cannot find a mic that works.  The problem is if I get the delay
to high to keep VOX from dropping in between words, the delay's too long
and defeats the purpose of the VOX system.

I've adjusted both gains, anti-vox, and delay to no avail.  I do not
like amplified mic's.  I like to run clean, clear audio.  Anyone have a
recommendation for a good -desktop- mike that will do the above, yet
keep clean, clear audio quality???

Thanks for reading es 73 de Dave KB6JOX