[TenTec] 555 Scout. User report.

Chris Robson crobson@erie.net
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 06:47:26 -0400

Maurie VK3CWB

	Your comments were right on the mark and very well noted (great to see a
truely fair evalualtion).  I don't have the drift problem some of the ops
have however it has it flukes.  My opinion of the Scout (which I truely
love) is, it's a great backup rig for the ham that has a full function rig
(mine's an Omni 6) and a great portable & mobile rig, great for camping and
back packing. If camping, and a bear grabed the Scout and ran, I might shed
a tear, however if the bear took my Omni, he better have brought a few bear
buddies since he will be in for one whale of a fight!
	I still hope Ten Tec comes up with a midrange rig, because if anyone were
to judge a Ten Tec by the Scout alone, they would never sell an Omni. The
Scout and the Omni are two completely different worlds.

73, Chris KB3A