[TenTec] omni c 546

John/K4WJ bohnovic@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:26:41 -0400

At 08:41 PM 4/15/98 -0400, K9ut wrote:
>DOES ANYONE HAVE A OMNI C THAT  HAS  A WORKING NOISE BLANKER  OR IS MINE JUST
>BROKE ? ALL CHECKS SO FAR INDICATE VOLTAGES ARE OK  ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL .
>IT WAS CHECKED AT TEN TEC BUT MAYBE  THEY JUST ARE NOT EFFECTIVE . DOES IT
>ONLY WORK ON CERTAIN TYPES OF NOISE ? HELP ANYONE ? TKS DE K9UTJERRY

Jerry,

Every once in a while my Omni C noise blanker will find a noise source that
it can handle but it is a rare occasion. I'm trying to think of the type of
noise it is successful with but I can't recall it.

The other day there was a noise on 40 meters that I tried to eliminate with
the noise blanker and it could not handle it. That was the first time in
several year that I bothered to turn the noise blanker on. I have been
using my DSP  and my Superscaf filters to help with noise by narrowing the
bandwidth.

73..de John/K4WJ
John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
    QTH is 26 00 51 N