[TenTec] Ten-Tec SMT, etc.

Bill_Ames@hysoft.com Bill_Ames@hysoft.com
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:00:21 -0400

It is nice to know that TT does read the mail. Since I have sworn off of
the imports and US mfg that have not established a solid future that leaves
me with just TT. Fortunately that is a very good "only choice". Now we all
know that TT has decided to leave the market niche for $1000 ham rigs to
others to fill and since I am a ham of limited means that leaves me with
the Scout/Argo as my only choice. I started with the Argo and upgraded to a
Scout.

Now, my question to TT is: What are you going to offer as an enhancement to
this fine rig? Some things that come to mind include a plug-in that is
connected to an external VFO (with display) that allows me to "spin the
dial", something I just don't do with the PTO <g>, this VFO module might
accept the band plugin, perhaps it would sit on top the rig........ yes, I
know, you would loose some of the low noise but many times quickly tuning
through 80mt is more desirable then a low noise floor!

How about offering a better S meter as an enhancement?

The item that started me was a search for a DSP plugin, you guys could do
that!

Bill Ames
KB1LG