[TenTec] OmniVI 30m freq jump

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 21:44:53 -0700

I believe it is normal for the OMNI VI to do a small jump
on 30 meters upon hitting the 30 meter button, but not after
that.  I believe this has to do with the frequency control
system that tries to keep the oscillators consistent with
the master oscillator in frequency.  When they go a way off,
the OMNI tries and tries to pull it all together again.  I
don't recall exactly where, but you probably need to move the
30 meter oscillator crystal or something like that.  Telephone
Ten Tec, I believe they have seen this and advised someone
on the list to an easy fix.

Clark
WA3JPG