[TenTec] Openwire feeders

mike hutchins zl1mh@xtra.co.nz
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:52:42 +1200

Thanks to all for the good input & advice - what a great forum this is!!

I have been using homemade openwire line on my loop for over 10years
now, I use spreaders made from white, plastic 3/4inch water pipe & get
zero swr variation during rain (we get upto seventy inches of rain per
year at this qth - nil snow though). So, using all your good info., I'm
also decided to construct another length of the same feedline & take it
overhead, via posts, to where I want it to join the existing feeder &
then go vertical from there. This way is probably cheaper too!!
Thanks again.  Mike.