[TenTec] 13.5 votts, and "garbled audio"/PLL out of lock

H. M. Motley, Jr. hmmjr@erols.com
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:05:16 -0400

I've had this problem three times since I got my Paragon in 1992.  The
first time I simply resoldered the connections around the VCO that was
causing the problem.  That was good for about a year.  On the second
occurance, I sent the rig back to Ten Tec.  They installed an updated
VCO/PLL board and all was good for another couple of years.  On the
third occurrence I removed all the solder from the board with solder
wick and a solder sucker and resoldered every connection.  As Peter said
"it's not for the faint hearted", but this did the trick and I've had no
problems since. Good luck!
73,
Puck, W4PM