[TenTec] Interface OMNI 5/TR Log

Ron Chambers k5pn@hotmail.com
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:50:06 PDT

Didn't see much detail in the TT manual, but neither did I look very
hard....Anybody out there successfully interfaced the OMNI 5 to TR Log?
Or to CT for that matter.....Seems like the OMNI 5 has a DB25 on the
back for this, but do you need the little "interface box" like the
ICOM's and Kenwood's need to accomplish the basic radio interface
functions like frequency and mode changes? The TR log manual says to use
the ICOM settings to talk to TT radios but not sure if it really means
that for the OMNI 5.....

Something from the local grapevine tells me that the OMNI 5 can't be
interfaced unless your last name is Gates or Dell...

Comments or info appreciated....

Ron