[TenTec] Wider SSB Filters For Omni VI

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:32:17 -0700

Don't know how much interest Dave's message generated, but I
am interested.  Has anyone pinpointed Ten Tec's reasons for
not recommending an extra 150 Hz on each end of the standard
filter's skirts?  Is the Corsair I SSB transmit strip radically
different from the OMNI VI?  The Corsair I uses the 4 pole
2.7 KHz filter stock.

I am very interested in a pair of 2.7 or 2.9 KHz bandwidth
filters for my OMNI VI.  I have worked with George at INRAD
on the CW filters and he sure is interested in helping us out
on these things if it makes sense.

As I understand it, some of the guys who have solved the OMNI VI
"slight chirp" problem, the carrier for CW comes in right at the
"knee" of the main 2.4 KHz filter and that is part of the problem.
A slightly wider filter there may be helpful to the CW note in
such a case.

Any other thoughts?

Clark
WA3JPG