[TenTec] Need Info on TT 1150 Over Voltage Protector

Ken fsr567@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:38:14 -0600

Hi Joe..

TNX for the reply..

I'm aware of the 1140. It was just a DC circuit breaker. It was originally
an accessory for using the older OMNI rigs on 12 volts. It was required
because the only protection for the RF finals was the current limiting in
the AC power supplies. The few times I used 12v, I didn't tried to run full
power.. The OMNI-C had a 20a fuse but guess they didn't think that was
enough protection or wanted to save us from using lots of fuses.. I can't
ever remember blowing the 20a fuse in the radio.

What I have is made by Ten-TEC and labeled "MODEL 1150 OVER VOLTAGE
PROTECTOR" on the input side of the little metal box..

73.. Ken - VE5KC