[TenTec] Relief for Alec/SP2EWQ

Bill Cotter bcotter@pop.uky.edu
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 10:13:40 -0800

Alec,

I'm sorry you have been having so much trouble getting TenTec to
fix that piece of junk they call a Paragon. No one should have to
jump through all the hoops that you have had to go through. Can't
even fix a simple subassemmbly without the rest of the radio - who
ever heard of such a thing. From all your complaints you've aired,
I think you deserve some relief (the reflector could use some,
too). You need a break and I feel generous enough to assist you.
I'll give you $100US for that broken down, unrepairable mess that
TenTec dares to call a decent radio. You can ship the whole basket
of parts loose in a box, it doesn't matter to me.

With the generous offer I'm making you, you'll be ready to get a
real radio from Kenwood or Yaesu or even Icom, and be sitting back
working DX once again. Let your woes be mine and have some extra
christmas money. I'll sweat it out with the boys in TN. Hell, I'll
even throw in some greenstamps for shipping, ho ho ho.... But,
hurry up, the kids are tugging at my wallet, too.

73 es bst dx bill N4ALG

At 11:37 AM 12/2/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>I've checked all my previous messages and found in no way one could
>understand I had sent them the whole device.
>Maybe I used too small a font and thus confused your absorption.
>
>There's a lot of ways anyone can discredit everything. That's the
life.
>So, no blame on you.
>The only thing why I posted all that was to show the other profile
>of ten-tec. As you well know both may very well be co-existent.
>And they are, apparently, in this case.
>
>Besides,
>The fact no one from them (ten-tec)  really bothers what I've been
>writing about,
>might give you some more possibilities to think about,
>to you, a keen between-lines reader, Bill...
>
>See you,
>

>Alec/SP2EWQ

Bill Cotter                            Mail:   bcotter@pop.uky.edu
Technical Systems Project Manager      ICQ:    13117266
VPIS Special Projects Office           Pager:  (606) 259-6082
McVey Hall, Room-100                   Phone:  (606) 323-6474
University of Kentucky                 FAX:    (606) 323-1978
Lexington, KY 40506-0045               Home:   (606) 887-5563,2402