[TenTec] Re: INRAD vs. TenTec - Yes Please

K & H Darwin darwin@together.net
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 08:40:04 -0500

----------
> From: GeneN8KUA@aol.com
> To: darwin@together.net
> Subject: Re: INRAD vs. TenTec - Yes Please
> Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 11:54 PM
>
> In a message dated 12/4/98 5:45:43 AM CST, darwin@together.net writes:
>

> >  So how long till we see the results :)
> >
> >  73,
> >
> >  Keith Darwin
> >  AA5AC
> >  Ferrisburg, VT.
> >

> Well, Keith, I have an OMNI V, which doesn't have the 2nd Narrow position
for
> the 9 MHz IF.  Maybe I could write a grant application for the
> Tentec@contesting.com Foundation to fund the purchase of an OMNI VI+ and
the
> appropriate filters (and maybe some statistical software & hardware and
maybe
> some antenna system upgrades...)
>
> ;-)
>
> I guess time's the issue.  It probably wouldn't be too hard to assemble a
> volunteered rig and filters, maybe in connection with a hamfest (which
would
> be a good source of volunteer operators).

Boy Gene, a scientific comparison would be great, but right now I'd settle
for someone who says "I used to have the TT filters and now I have the
INRAD filters and here's my impression".  I'm guessing someone already has
an impression but hasn't posted it to the reflector.

Just call me mister curious :)

Keith Darwin
AA5AC
Ferrisburg, VT