[TenTec] FSK

Duane Budd dbudd@planetc.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:15:47 -0500

K8VT wrote:

"I've been using my Omni VI (now a +) with "true" FSK since 1994 and have
noted no instability. (and it really IS true FSK, not an AFSK tone
generator hidden behind the panel). I've heard way too many people using
AFSK on several places on the band (simultaneously!!) from driving the
audio too hard."

*** I, too, have been using the Omni VI's FSK with a PK-232, PKk-900 and a
KAM+ for several years. I have had NO <repeat - NO> problem with instability
whatsoever.

I do think there is less splatter from AFSK now than there used to be.
Splatter from overdriving the audio input was the number one problem for
those hams new to the digital modes in the '80's and early '90's.

73

Budd, K4AAE