[TenTec] 17M Problem

RICHARD ANDREN andrenr@ul.com
Tue, 8 Dec 98 16:57:25 CST

I have an Omni VI+ which is an older option 3 upgraded Omni VI.  My tx and
rx on 17M is intermittent, having no output on tx and I can't hear a thing
on rx.  It works much less time than it does work.  I've let it sit on 17M
waiting for it to come on, but that never happens.  At the same time, it
never seems to quit working if I don't change bands.

I've pressed on all the connectors I could find, but no change.  All the
other bands work fine, including 15M which I think is the same set of low
pass filters.

I haven't called TT yet because I won't have a chance to work on it until
after the 10M contest, but I figured I would ask here first to get some
ideas on what the problem might be.  Any suggestions on where to start
looking for the problem?  Thanks in advance.

73, Rick N9THC