[TenTec] VI+ Key Up Spike

MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:00:47 -0500

I have found that, once an arc occurs in the air-variable plates of a PA
tuning cap, it just continues to melt along the edges and cause more and
more arcing by virtue of the "slag" that the arc leaves behind on the plate.
A very careful hour spent filing with an automotive point file and a
magnifying glass cured the problem in my L4-B last year. I drive that amp
full bore with an Omni V...no problems since.

Gud DX, All --

Mitch Alexander  KG9DB