[TenTec] RE: Equipment recomendations for CW gear?

frank ayers jr LOMAX1@prodigy.net
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:46:46 -0500

I agree with the general statements - you've got a great rig for CW.
To start, you're better off IMO to forget about bugs and keyers and start
with a straight key. Once you can send, then you can use a keyer to make it
easier. I have a WWII CMH key, the J-38 is similar. Only problem with those
is that they can be a bit costly since they're sort of "collectible"
Years ago I started with an Ameco K4 (I think) all brass key that I mounted
on a block of cherry wood. I see the same key for about 18 bucks today but
have no idea what 30 years has done to the quality.

Frank
W2FCA