[TenTec] where are the filters?

K & H Darwin darwin@together.net
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:13:30 -0500

----------
> From: Ross F. Guldenbrein  NW6R <radiocycle@access1.net>
> To: K & H Darwin <darwin@together.net>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] where are the filters?
> Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 7:28 AM
>
> Hey Keith,  Thanks for the help.  Well.... what im doing here is just
trying
> to maximize one rig for CW.  I have two of these guys and just need one.

You have 2 Corsair IIs??  Cool!!

> Pardon my ignorance here but is the 1.8 kHz the stock one and then I
could
> have the 500, 250, and then what for the third if i got rid of the 1.8??

The stock filter is a 2.4 KHz filter.  There are actually 2 of them, one
for receive and one for both receive and transmit.  In addition the rig
provides slots for optional plug-in 1.8 KHz, 500 Hz and 250 Hz filters.
But the filter switch is only a 3 position switch.  So what TenTec did was
to select 2.4, 1.8 and 500 if you're in SSB mode and 1.8, 500 and 250
filters in CW mode.  Pretty cool if you ask me!!

The 1.8 KHz filter is a narrow SSB filter which is also useful as the wide
filter for scanning the CW bands.

Keith Darwin
AA5AC
Ferrisburg, VT