[TenTec] Paragon, Omni, etc.

WO8L@aol.com WO8L@aol.com
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:22:34 EST

Hi,

Thanks for the responses to my recent posting.  Now, let me put the inquiry in
a different form in light of what I've learned recently.

I am seeking to purchase a Paragon or Omni V or even an Omni VI in good shape
from either Ten Tec or a private owner.

Please let me know which specific filters your rig currently contains.

I am not particularly interested in matching power supplies, keyers,
transverters, etc.  I wouldn't mind having a matching TenTec microphone or
complementary non-TenTec mike, though.

General coverage reception is less important to me than a rig with super CW
reception capability.  SSB is an attendant but secondary issue.  I am
primarily concerned about the filters currently installed in your previously
owned rig.

I also would like impressions about whether or not the OMNI V/VI receiver is
significantly more useful on a practical basis for use on the amateur bands
only than the Paragon receiver.

What are your various impressions of the rigs I've mentioned, most
specifically in terms of reception?

I have owned TenTec rigs in the past from the 540 to the Argosy I, Delta 580
and on to the Omni C.  I still have the Argosy I which served me as a mobile
rig until a year or so ago.

Any and all responses will be appreciated.

73s,

Rick
WO8L