Fwd: [TenTec] Omni VI: DB9 vs DB25

JBaumgarte@aol.com JBaumgarte@aol.com
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:37:04 EST

--part0_914787425_boundary

From: JBaumgarte@aol.com
To: rmccabe@dwx.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI: DB9 vs DB25
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:33:38 EST

In a message dated 12/27/1998 6:09:10 PM GMT Standard Time, rmccabe@dwx.com
writes:

<<
 John,

 It has to be a custom cable with the two wires reversed as in the diagram
 from Ten Tec. A standard serial will not work.

 Rich

whoa!  Not with the Omni 6.  Uses a standard cable--not the nul-modem type
used on the Omni V.  I run both of my Omni 6's with standard 25 pin, but a DB9
should work fine with a standard adapter.  (haven't actually tried that, but
chances are very good that it will)

Then, make sure the Cde in the menu is turned "on" and the address is correct.
I use #38 (as in the emulation for Icom 781 because it works best for both
logging and contest software), but the standard #4 is what is often called
for.  Also, be sure the baud rate is the same for the rig and software.  After
you've adjusted the rig, I believe you have to turn it off and back on.

Good luck!
John, N0IJ

--part0_914787425_boundary--