[TenTec] RE: Cleartone speaker

BDrum5555@aol.com BDrum5555@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:00:17 EST

To all,

I followed Dave's idea about the replacement of the 261 power supply speaker
and all I can say is WOW.  I started the process when my wife said 15 minutes
till dinner and guess what? Yep,  I finished just as she said dinner was
ready!  It only takes about 10-15 min. to do the job.  That includes removing
both speakers and solidering it inplace.  Just one thing to watch out for when
removing the front of the power supply that you do not break the wires on the
(power on) diode.
I went back to Ham Radio Outlet to get 3 more of these for my T-Kit 2 and 6
meter and the new SWL radios.

I think TT should  look into using this speaker for all of their radios.  It
may be a couple of dollars more but it sooo much better.

Good luck
Doug KF6BKH
PS I do not have MFJ stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!