[TenTec] New CW filter announcement

Tyler Barnett tbarnett@fairway.stdio.com
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:34:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ten-Tec Reflector Watchers,

Almost 2 months ago, I posted looking for interest in a special 250hz CW filter.

Below is the text I sent yesterday to the hams that did express an interest.
Below THAT note is the official reply from Ten-Tec to our request.

I'll let these notes speak for themselves, but what I'd like everyone
to take away from this, is that Ten-Tec LISTENS to it's customers.

Regards, Tyler N4TY

Hello CW filter enthusiasts,

The quote on our 250hz filter arrived in my email today from Ten-Tec.
This is the CW filter that each of the 37 of you had expressed an interest in.
I think you will be pleasantly suprised to learn what the outcome was.

Based on our input, Ten-Tec has established a new CW filter: the model 221.
And the price for you and everyone else will be:  $89.
I don't see how it can get any better than this, and Ten-Tec is to
commended on this new addition.

Ten-Tec's inital order is for 50 filters, and I have forwarded your
callsigns to Scott (W4PA) at Ten-Tec.  The 37 of us have first crack at
the first batch, so please call them ASAP with your credit-card to
arrange for shipment.  They will not charge your card until the filter
is shipped to you, and as the note below explains, that will be mid-April.

I've attached Ten-Tec's official response below, and I'll post this to
the reflector on Tuesday evening, but I wanted each of you to know this first.

I'm glad to have been of help to each of you on this filter.
But, please take a moment when you call to thank Ten-Tec for this as well.
Also, the FOC News-Sheet put us in touch with a number of their members,
and that put us over the top.

Regards, Tyler N4TY

Hi Tyler:

Here's the news on the 250 Hz bandwidth, 500 Hz center frequency
filter.

For the last five years, we have off and on had requests for an
alternate center frequency filter system for use with low CW offsets
with the Omni-VI and Omni-VI Plus.  A couple of groups, as you know,
contracted with our filter manufacturer for custom filters with our
encouragement.

We're always glad to help with projects like this and it's part of
our philosophy to always entertain any product suggestion.

After quite a bit of discussion, we feel that based on the amount of
enthusiasm you were able to muster that we're going to go ahead and
offer a filter based on the specs you wanted to have.  We'll offer it
as a regular stock item, model number 221, for use with the Omni-VI
and Omni-VI Plus transceivers.  The best part of all is that we'll be
able to sell it at the same price as our other filters ($89),
rather than it being a much higher priced item as a special order.
This will be a permanent addition to the Ten-Tec filtering lineup.

The specs are virtually identical to the current #219 250 Hz 9 MHz
I-F filter, except the #221 filter will be passband centered at 500 Hz.

We can take pre-orders on Visa, MasterCard, and Discover, and no charge
will be made until the day the filters are in stock and ready to ship.
We've been quoted eight weeks lead time by the filter manufacturer.
The order is already in with them for 50 pieces, so I assume it will
be mid-April when we are ready to ship.  Please pass along this message
to anyone you had on the list wanting this special filter, and all
they need to do is call us at (800) 833-7373 and we'll be glad to
reserve one for them.

Forward this message to whomever necessary (including the reflectors)
as it may be a day or two before I get around to doing that myself.
I wanted to make sure to get a message off to you first before you
read it somewhere else !

Sincerely,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager