[TenTec] Chirps, not.

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales@tentec.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:55:53 -0500

At 10:46 AM 2/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes it is true that all Omni VI's have a very slight chirp. On a scope,
>everything looks perfect. In fact, the keying shows up as the best ever while
>in qsk mode. Unlike the imported rigs, there is no dit clipping and no spikes
>on the first character.  Some
>older Kenwood rigs are able to match the keying ie. TS-930, TS-940 and the
>Yaesu FT-1000MP comes close but has longer recovery time.
>
>Please don't take this as personal. My entire station is TenTec. If the Omni VI
>problem is ever resolved then I'll order a
>VI+ but being an avid cw operator for 34 years who takes some pride in keying
>quality I will not buy one until the keying
>quality matches the receiver quality.
>
>N4LQ Steve

All Omni-VI and Omni-VI Plus transceivers do not have a "chirp" inherent in
the CW keying note.  You can be sure the ARRL would never let us rest again
if they believed there was a problem with their new Omni-VI Plus.  We
appreciate their confidence in Ten-Tec by choosing the Omni-VI Plus over
every other transceiver made today.

Sincerely,

Scott E. Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec, Inc.