Fw: [TenTec] 500hz FSK filter

Ed Guzis . EdGuzis@cris.com
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:34:34 -0600

Please reply directly to Duane, AC5AA at <dcalvin@vnet.IBM.COM>.  This is a
forwarded message.

Ed Guzis, W9TW <w9tw@contesting.com>
Tentec Mail Reflector Administrator
----------
From: dcalvin@vnet.IBM.COM
Subject: [TenTec]  500hz FSK filter
Date: Monday, January 12, 1998 8:56 AM

Hmm, I must have been out to lunch when that topic was taught.  I thought
the 500 Hz digital filter was for the first IF - the 9 MHz one without
passband tuning.  And that the reason for it was so you could cascade
the 6 MHz 500 Hz filter (via PBT) with it and get the tighter skirts on
RTTY.  Since it's untunable, the 9 MHz filter must be built centered on
the correct frequency to get both tones within the skirts.  So, that
meant that you could use the 6 MHz 500 Hz filter alone, or could cascade
it with the 9 MHz RTTY filter.  (I sure hope that when they look at
an Omni-7 design they consider offsetting that frequency in the rig so
the same filters could be used.  One of the things I liked a lot about
the IC-765...)

Again, maybe I completely misunderstand this scheme.

 73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
dcalvin@austin.ibm.com -or- dcalvin@ausvmr.vnet.ibm.com