[TenTec] Argosy SWR/S Meter

NW9G nw9g@netusa1.net
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 21:24:41 -0500

At 07:57 PM 1/16/98 EST, WO8L wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm not seeking help from Ten Tec's service department.  Let me make that
>clear from the start.
>
>However, I have a problems which continues to occur on an Argosy SWR/S meter.
>It seems to warp when it gets hot and bend at one upper edge.  This causes
the
>meter to stick when a signal hits S-9.
>
>I'd like to know how to get into the rig and bend the little devil back
again.
>The rear of the meter seems sealed tightly and I hate to pry it off.  Does
the
>front plastic pop off the meter section?
>
>I can't send it to Ten Tec every time it starts to stick.  I'd be shipping
the
>dickens a lot to Sevierville.
>
>Just thought somebody would know.
>
>73s,
>
>Rick

Rick, once you do get that fixed, (I don't have the answere for that untill I
take my cover off to look at mine) but I would use a higher voltage backlit
bulb.  Like say 15 or 18 volts.  That will operate at less brightness and
less heat.  You also can move the bulb away from the back of the meter as
well.
If I remember right, the meters are 2 piece plastic and glued together.
(just going from memory)  Here on mine, I use an 18 volt bulb and it
reduces the
brightness and creates less heat in there.  Hope that can help you some.
73 and keep ten tec'n.......Steve