[TenTec] TenTec Rx vs Icom 735 Rx?

S55648 S55648@aol.com
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:08:34 EST

All,
I own a Corsair II with the full compliment of filters, the external VFO and
the PS(961)
I just got the Corsair II back from Tentec. It was gone throught, aligned,
tuned etc.
I had the PTO rebuilt etc.
My question, I need a good mobile/portable HF rig. Any rig with added bands
would be nice, but HF performance is my priority, specifically SSB, and then
CW.
I nessessarily use the TenTec Rx as a base line for exceptional selectivity,
sensitivity, image rejection, noise, etc. plus, I can listen to the rigwithout
getting a headache.
Now, I have heard very good things about the Icom IC735. I have heard thqat
while its no TenTec on CW, it is quite a unit operating SSB.
It supposidly is superior to anything I can expect from the new mobile rigs
ie: TS50, IC706, DX70 etc.
Is this so? Have any of you, those who know truely fine Rx hd experience with
the 735 to give me an objective opinion as to its performance?
How does it compare to the IC706, DX70, TS50, purely from a Rx performance
vantage point.
RememberI am looking for mobile/portable operation, as well as base operation
at times.
I am strong on TenTec, thus I come to those whose opinion I can relate.
tnx jeff