[TenTec] INRAD filters

Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG turner@safety.ics.uci.edu
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:06:36 -0700

Hello All:

I got a lot of inquiries about the INRAD filters for Ten Tec
rigs.  I am very glad I bought the pair I have, one 400 Hz
and one 250 Hz filter for the 6.3 MHz IF (replacing the 282
and 285 Ten Tec filters).  They have noticeable lower loss and
it really helps with weak signals.  The specs show
better shape factors.   George at INRAD only offers
these 6.3 MHz IF filters for CW, and offers one SSB filter
for the 9 MHz IF.  They are $110 each, about $20 more than the
Ten Tec filters.  They are plug compatible, you just stick
them in there and they work.    They have a 30 day money back
guarantee.

I really am happy that George decided to support Ten Tec rigs
with his filter offerings.

I also want to thank Ten Tec, they helped George with the specs
and testing of the first filters to make sure it all worked out
right.  This is another example of why I support Ten Tec all the
way.  They are a good bunch of guys as well as good engineers.

(I don't work for either of these companies, I am just a very
happy customer.)

I really, really want George to build us a matching 400 Hz CW
filter for the 9 MHz IF, allowing me to use one in my NAR
position of the OMNI VI.  If this filter gives similar lower loss
to the 6.3 MHz filters I already have, it is going to help me a
lot with weak signals.

If I can get 10 of us interested in buying the 9 MHz CW filters
at 400 Hz bandwidth (shall we say a 600 Hz center frequency to
accomodate the 500 to 700 Hz beat notes?), George says he will
design it and offer it.  Anyone interested, let me know, I will
bug George about it.

If you own an early OMNI (A, B, C, D), an Argosy I or II, or if
you want a good CW filter for the NAR position of the OMNI V or
OMNI VI, you may be interested in this CW filter, since you
can't use the 6.3 MHz filters in these.

I include the text of George's message to the Ten Tec list below
with relevant information.  I abridged it a little to make it fit.
Check the website for more info.