[TenTec] Another mobile question -Reply

Paul Plasters PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:22:56 -0500

Hi Duane,
Well I had a very similar problem, and I decided to use a large triangle of
aluminum plate.  I acquired 3 large magnets, and mounted one on each
corner.  Then I drilled holes for all the different kinds of antennas I
wanted to use plus a couple of spares.
Next I took it to the body shop, and asked them to paint it the same color
as the car.   They did a poor job, and failed to use the aluminum primer
(Zinc-oxide) that I provided.  How ever it still looks pretty good, much
better that an aluminum color.  And I can have all the antennas on the one
plate, (about 21x21 inches).  I drilled 1 hole and tapped it for 1/4 20
threads and ran a ground strap, "just in case".  It may not have been
necessary, but what the heck.  I also put connectors inside the trunk, so
that I could remove them in a short time, such as for the car wash etc.
It does what I wanted, I do not know if it will work for you or not, that is
for you to decide.
73 Paul WA9FFL
      o~
  _[-/)_